Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beach day number one

My day started off by waking up to a bad dream that involved a creepy old man that spied on my mother and I while we were sleeping. I briefly saw Jeff disappear into a room across from us, but I was too afraid to walk over to be with him. Instead, I just slept with my mother and when awoke I was actually snuggled close to her. I guess my interpretation of this would be in reality, I was afraid of meeting someone who I have never met and spending time with them. But now that I have spent the day with my family and Lucho I am happy to say that he is a very funny and nice man.

We first went to the beach for two hours and in that time my shoulders and my upper chest got red even though I put on tons of sun screen! I ended up going into the water twice and enjoyed staying in there for a good hour all together. At first I was afraid, but once Lucho went with me I was fine and wanted to stay in there forever! The water was nice and warm and at one point I even saw a dolphin jump from the water into the air and back in so close to where I was. But my water outing ended when they called everyone out of the water because someone saw a shark. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. :)

Then we came back home and Lucho had made my himself, my sister and me Margaritas---they were delicious. But then he proceeded to try and make me take a shot which I did not want to do so he took the shot for me ha ha. Everyone went to their rooms- Serge and Alex watched the O.C. series, Lucho and his dogs slept, my mother went to the Vitamin Shoppe and I played the Sims3 and have four children with a lovely home and an amazing husband.. Even if it's just in a game :)

And even though I wasn't hungry we ended up going to The Key West Grill. I got a Salmon and fried plantain (which are bananas fried) and barely had any of it because I got full too quickly. We decided to walk around because we were in a touristy place. There were lots of new and interesting places and things to do there and even though some of it was cheesy I wanted to do it anyway. But we didn't because Alex and Serge were being lazy. Another day perhaps. Anyway, one of the first things I saw that was odd and stupid was this little machine that you could pay 25 cents for a handful a fish pellets. I looked over the edge and saw a lot of huge fat fish surfacing for food. It was too weird to see and talk about unhealthy for the fish. They get fat and die- what kind of life is that?  I also saw the fast small boat that you could pay to ride in and they would go around in the water really fast and do a bunch of tricks-seemed like fun. AND I also saw that you could go for a helicopter ride for $20 which I still want to do! My sister, Lucho and I got Ben and Jerry's ice cream and surprisingly Alex paid for all three of us (Which was very nice). I got chocolate fudge brownie and coffee flavored icecream. While we were walking the wind decided to blow it right into the ice cream and so for the remainder of the night my hair was sticky, but it was worth it. The ice cream tasted delicious.

But we are finally back home and relaxing under a fan. When I hit the bed I instantly felt tired and want to sleep soon. Tonight I think... No, I know I will sleep better tonight. And tomorrow we might even go into Charleston and go antique shopping and they were also thinking about going Miniture golfing too. We'll see what happens.

No comments: