Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Want

I want to go exploring in the woods in our backyard.

I want to be outside all day long and then come inside for a brake and eat a BLT sandwich and a glass of grape white juice.

I want my dad to be driving in his PT Cruiser while listening to oldies on the way to the tennis courts with my brother and I. And on the way home we stop at a gas station to grab the glass bottles of Coke and Orange sodas.

I want to hear my dad playing his CD while singing along to them.

I want my old dad back, not a new one.

I want to be able to go on adventures and enjoy the sun as it seeps down into my olive green skin. I want to feel the heat as I am helping my dad garden with the flowers, vegetables and fruits.

But I know all of the things I want will not happen. Everything in my families life has changed. For me, I don't know if it's for the better or for the worse.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

"But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need!"