Death. It does not wander too far. Its presence is always there, but it is patient. Just when you think you have more time with someone they quickly decease. The man said it could take up to 4 minutes but death came to Puma faster than I could blink my eye. His breathing stopped and just like that he was gone. But we were still petting his head, still talking to him as if he was still with us. And in a sense he was- spiritually. i wasn't expecting him to go today. I thought he had more time. I was denying death because I knew too well what it looked like. It was the shallow breaths, the quick breaths, the huge black pupils, the swollen belly, the barely audible meow.
He had the cutest squeaky meow. It sounded innocent and it was to an extent. He loved jumping on us and when he jumped down he would sometimes pull on our pants so that the threads would sometimes come out. He also loved to stretch his scalloped paws on our legs and cause injuries to our pants/legs from that. And when I went to go sit on the toilet he came right up to my feet and rolled over like a dog so I could pet his belly. He loved when I petted his belly and under his chin. He had kitty acne as we called it so he would especially love when we scratched there a lot. Kiska and him were best buds. December 25, 2007- June 8, 2016. (Around 11:56am) He was loved by all who greeted him, new and old, young and old. He was a trooper and he was our special Pum-Bear. May he rest in peace with Dad, Kippurrs, Lucy and everyone else who are up there now. Please take good care of Puma. Amen, amen, amen.
1 comment:
Love, love, love.
Post a Comment